The Stillbirth CRE supports a number of awards and scholarships for both PhD students and post-doctorate researchers. Please view internal and external opportunities currently available below.
Stillbirth CRE PhD Top-Up Scholarships
Through a competitive process, the Stillbirth CRE offers top-up scholarships to eligible PhD students receiving external competitive PhD scholarships (e.g. Australian Postgraduate Award).
The Stillbirth CRE is pleased to announce that applications for the 2023 PhD top up scholarship round are now open. The Stillbirth CRE is offering three (3) generous top-up scholarships worth up to $9000 for eligible PhD candidate.
These top up scholarships are designed to support exceptional PhD candidates whose projects align with the CRE's priority areas and make a meaningful contribution to the CRE's program of work.
At a Glance
- Award Value: $9000 (Full time candidate) or $4500 (Part time candidate) for 1 year.
- Applications open: 12th May 2023
- Applications close: 30th June 2023
Terms and Conditions
If you are awarded this scholarship, you must:
- Provide a short-written report (with a photo) about your project’s key outcomes for 2023, for use on the Stillbirth CRE website and newsletters (to be provided by November 2023)
- Attend and present an update of your project at the Stillbirth CRE Annual National Stillbirth Forum in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Acknowledge the support/contribution of the scholarship provider (Stillbirth CRE) when publishing or presenting material that relates to the research project.
- Research project must align with the Stillbirth CRE's program areas.
- Principal Supervisor must be a Stillbirth CRE collaborator.
- The candidate must be enrolled in a PhD in 2023. (Please note - final year candidates who plan to submit in the first 6 months of 2023c are NOT eligible to apply). Consideration (on a case-by-case basis) will be given to awarding part scholarships for those applicants planning to submit in the last 6 months of 2023.
- Previous recipients of this award are eligible to reapply
The selection criteria used for judging these scholarships will include the following three components:
- Merit of the proposal (40%),
- Merit/track record of the applicant relative to opportunity and their perceived potential for ongoing stillbirth research (40%) and
- Alignment of the research to the Stillbirth CRE and its objectives (20%)
How to Apply
To apply please email your signed, completed application form and accompanying documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum vitae (max 2 pages)
- Evidence of enrolment as a PhD candidate in 2022
- Application form
For further information, please contact Miranda Davies-Tuck, Miranda.email@example.com
- If you are planning to complete your PhD (submit) in 2023 please contact us to discuss your eligibility prior to completing an application form.
- We welcome expressions of interest from all those working on projects that are aligned with the overarching objectives and values of the Stillbirth CRE. All collaborations are governed by our Shared Understanding for Collaboration. To initiate a discussion regarding potential collaboration please review our Shared Understanding for Collaboration and contact us.